Thursday, January 10, 2008

Idle hands are the devil's playground


Being self employed means a life unlike the average man's. I often have time on my hands in the middle of the workweek. That is how I found myself earlier this week. So, I've been reading a lot and taking oppurtunities to do things that I usually cannot, such as taking a ride with a teammate one morning. It is pretty sloppy out on the roads, so I took my cyclocross rig instead of the road bike. It got really dirty. In fact, it got dirty on top of the dirt of several CX races that I never washed off.

So, I did what any guy would do. I put it in the bathtub and sprayed it off with the shower wand. I waited till my wife left the house. My wife who only hours earlier had cleaned the entire bathroom. Well, I'm happy to say that I got it clean without her noticing. I confessed later in the day though.

So, while I don't necessarily recommend my method, it is easier than the bike-on-rack through the car wash method.

If you have a better idea, I'd (we'd) love to hear it.

PS. For viewers in warm climates, you should realize that water hoses are packed away for the winter here in MN. I really had no choice...

No comments: