Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I dig this!


I'm not actually a tree hugger, but I am a conservationalist and am quite concerned about caring for the planet we live on. So, that side of me loves this bike. Bamboo bikes have been around for a while - Craig Calfee is most noted for it - but his guy Nick Frey is going to race this bike. It weighs only 16 pounds, which is not crazy light for a race bike, but is decent. Since bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants if it can be used in this capacity, there is great potential for poorer countries to have transportation - without a dependency on oil! Nice.

I found this on Velonews, so go read more if you wish: ( no photo credit available)

http://www.velonews.com/article/72960/more-bamboo-commencal-lands-in-the-us-and-more

2 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

nice to see that you've joined the bloggin; world.

You've probably been involved longer than I have.

tc worley said...

Nice to see you're still around too Sarah. Wild Sarah, that is.