Monday, March 16, 2009

This just in...


"Weird, but kinda cool". That is how I would have to describe my being written about in the Star Tribune today.

I am grateful as a self-employed person to have free coverage like this. I am generally the guy on the other side of the news story, the one shoving a camera in someone's face for a story about them. Well the shoe was on the other foot today. I am just glad that getting into the news was not precluded by my being busted for some crime against humanity. Thank goodness.

A lot of people think that I have it made - and lest you think I am an ingrate, I very often feel I have it made too. However, having a fun job comes at the price of uncertain income that when it does come, often does so in small amounts. So, while you may hate going to work at the same place everyday, you do not have to know the stress of the self-employed photographer. Especially one with 3 mouths to feed. The fact that I have made this crazy gig work for so many years is awesome though. I admit it. I love what I do and I hope it shows.

Thanks to Stephen Regenold for not misrepresenting me in the media.

5 comments:

Dan Cleary said...

you do a wonderful job. keep doing what you're doing.

Super Rookie said...

You made it when you shot our wedding.

Tenacious T said...

You've got a gift. I always look at your photos and think, "Man, I sure suck at photography."

OTR said...

You're work is incredible TC!

tc worley said...

Aw, you guys are sweet.

Seriously, thanks for the kind comments. Glad to know someone enjoys what I do besides me. See you around.