Thursday, May 22, 2008

Velodrome season starts tonight!





I'm surprised by how many people don't know what a velodrome is (think Nascar for bicycles). I was fortunate enough to see one when I was a child and have always wanted to ride one. I got my chance last year - thanks, Super Rookie! In a week or two I will be done with the prerequisite class that will allow me to race on it. It is such a rush to sweep around the track! Not for everyone, but definitely for me.

Tonight starts the "Thursday Night Lights" series and the National Sports Center Velodrome in Blaine, MN. I will be there cheering my team on. Which brings me to this:

I am not only riding for the Grumpy's/ Little Guy Racing team this year, but am proud to be a sponsor as well. If you look close, really close and squint, you can see my logo on the back of the jersey. It is roughly business card size or smaller. I don't expect business from it as much as I am very happy to further a group of great people and the sport of cycling in general. Contrary to what jealous, opposing teams might tell you, they are a great bunch. Check them out: www.littleguyracing.com

Enjoy these images of the beautiful sport of Velodrome racing. They are from the latter part of the 2007 season.

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

looks like you have a lot of fun tc.

tc worley said...

Does "party of 8" refer to the size of your family?! Goodness, you two!

I DO have a lot of fun, yes. Don't be strangers, now. We are still in Minneapolis. Take care.