Wednesday, February 25, 2009

North Shore Fun






This last weekend I was on a quick assignment up in northern Minnesota. We stayed at a great little place bewteen Lutsen, MN and Grand Marais, MN. If you like nice, but not fancy places- consider yourself more into cozy than into cutting edge, then you ought to like the Cascade Lodge. Our room had a fireplace and fold out couch. A few nature paintings tied the decor together. The lodge is sandwiched between Lake Superior and the north woods. I could throw a rock and hit the lake from my porch. Rooms are clean and priced appropriately.

After I was done working, I took the boys out behind the lodge where the ski trails start. There is quite a system of trails up in the north country and had I more time, I'd have rented a pair of skis and dove into them. As it was, I had just enough time to let the kids glide around a bit. It was great though. They are so pumped about gliding down a 50 yard gentle hill. They have these little hybrid skis (not downill or XC, but somewhere in between) that they get around on quite well. They can ascend and descend pretty good in them.

Since I cannot leak the images from the job, here are some that I took of the boys at Cascade. I have a ton of fun with these guys. They are among my favorite adventure partners.

No comments: