Thursday, September 3, 2009

Aton 24hr Mtn bike race

I drove out to Afton last weekend to cheer on a few teammates that were racing for 24hrs. Sometimes people will do these races as a team-- relay style. Not these two guys. Jeff and Tim (Super Rookie) went from 5pm Friday till 5pm on Saturday. While we were all snug in our beds, the racers were doing laps around a ski hill.

When I arrived at the course there were about 6 hours left to race. Tim looked ragged, but was still on the bike and doing well (5th at the time). I offered snacks, but he graciously declined. (I never actually saw Jeff).

I did not stay for the finish, but Jeff ended up taking 2nd place and Tim took third (and 1st place single-speed). Could not be more proud of that kind of racing. Well done, gents.

Here are a few quick shots I took at the race.

Unidentified racer descending the ski hill towards the finish.


Tim climbing away from the finish area with 5.75 hours to go.


Tim was gentlemanly enough to exchange pleasantries with my boys while he climbed his single speed up the ski hill.


Jack (the PIRATE) doing a wheelie half way up the ski hill on his Surly Puglsey. He is either super tough or insane to race that bike!

No comments: