Monday, September 10, 2007

Photo Project 2007





I am fortunate enough to get to photograph a lion's share of cool things. I am not in need of exciting work ususally. But my job has left me a little unsatisfied in that my assignments are small glimpses at things. I mean that I do not get to really get into the middle of things like I want to. I don't get to experieince them fully - you dig?

So, to remedy that, I gave myself a long-term assignment to follow a local bicycle racer (or racers as it turns out) through a season. It started in a dimly lit basement. Two guys spinning on trainers - the dirty work of cycle training. It progressed into racing in the spring, both on the road and on the Velodrome. I have captured what I feel are some great shots of the beautiful, elegant sport of bicycle racing.

This project has spurred me to begin racing - something I always wished I had done. And I am joining the team for this next season. I intend to race both mountain bike and track (velodrome - see www.mnvelodrome.org ) I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Here is a sampling of the project. Big thanks to Tim "Super Rookie" Hayes, Dan Wold, Spencer H. and the rest of the Grumpy's Cycling Team. Enjoy!

No comments: