Friday, June 6, 2008

Tough motorcycles: part two





I promised to show my motorcycle build, so here it is. It took me a long time to build, because when I started this project I was WAY under qualified. That didn't stop me from learning to weld and fabricate enough to do the job though. So far it has stayed in one piece - even at highway speeds (+).

This bike was my reaction to wanting an antique bike but not being able to afford one. I figured I'd make my own version. It started life as a 1977 Yamaha 650xs and I quickly cut the frame up and began making it into what is is now. Most of the parts were originally on another machine - be it a motorcycle, tractor, truck etc...

Some would call it a "chopper" and technically I did chop it, but others would call it a "bobber" style. I just call it the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. You dig?

4 comments:

Skibby said...

freakin sweet

Mark and Kelly Hawkins said...

freakin sweet

Tenacious T said...

Freakin sweet.

Makes me wish I was handy.

Kaveh said...

Since everyone else is saying it perfectly: freakin sweet.