Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Obama and I

Image property of T.C. Worley - please ask for permission to use.


Yesterday I worked the beat for the NY Times at Barack Obama's Rally in St. Paul. It was a little outside my normal assignment, but was really exciting to see up close and personal. The amount of energy in the room when he accepted the nomination for Democratic nominee was really incredible.

I wish I could say I heard more of his speech, but as soon as you get the shot you want, you sit down and file images as fast as your fingers can go. This was easily the most intense news assignment I have done.

If you're a supporter - congrats, your man is on the way. This is a big leap for the US to have a minority man in contention for President. 50 years ago some would not have allowed him to eat a hamburger next to them. History was made last night. Enjoy the images. Here's the link to the NYT slideshow:
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/06/03/us/0603-BARACK_index.html

2 comments:

scott said...

I always like the media room at the Excel center. Sure is a nice change compared to some of the venues in town.

tc worley said...

Scott, Not sure I ever saw it? I was either outside shooting or on the risers. Hope business is good for you? You do nice work.