Saturday, January 17, 2009

Orchestra


This week I was asked to shoot several Orchestra performances. I am very uncultured in this area and I felt like a child who is trying to be quiet in church. Every where I look there are people glaring at me because I am a distraction - my faint shutter clicking being way too much for the trained, delicate ears of concert goers. It was not really that bad. I did have one old man shush me and wave his arms for me to leave. I thought it was perfectly classic! Old men are cool!

In the attached image, Pierre Laurent-Aimard is conducting from the piano bench, because he is intermittently playing the piano and then conducting - repeat. Wow.

Anyway, if I have not offended you and driven you away by now, you can follow the link to the article about the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra. It is written by James R. Oestreich - who they say is kind of a big deal.

NY Times Article

No comments: