Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The value of art.




I have a few sites/blogs that I follow each day. They are all art related, or photo related. Every morning I check them and get a little creative boost for the day. I used to check out art/photo books in college for the same reason. I feel like it is a duty of mine to stay sharp and find images/creations that inspire me or challenge me to think in a new way. Plus I like it. Some of the vintage photos are so great!

These are a few images that I really liked. Being a bike dork, I obviously loved the bike sculpture. I want it. James Micheal Starr built it. Graham Hobart shot it.

The kid is just amazing! I dare you to find a cooler photo! I want to hang out with this guy. He's probably old enough to be my dad by now. This image captures little boy behavior so well. Yep, amazing.

I'm also a big fan of graphic art - especially older stuff. It boggles the mind that people did such great work so long ago. Really dig this "Umph" piece. Good motto for all of us, eh?

Our new president seems to value art, as he has pledged a great deal of money to it. Read about it as well as the first ladies thoughts HERE.

Not saying tax money should go to it - nobody lambaste me. I like to see it valued though. food for thought, peeps. Enjoy the images.

No comments: