Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ragnarok Report



Me, about 1/5 of the way through the course.





Whew. Really glad to be done with this race and off my bike for a day or two. It turned out to be a fantastic day to race. Highs about 70 degrees and almost no wind. The dry, fast course made for some fast finish times. The winner blitzed the 105 miles in barely over 6 hours. He was hauling.

I managed to finish in 7.5 hours, which I felt really good about. I came in 25th overall and 4th in the single speed category. My bike set-up was really good and allowed me to climb almost all of the hills - though a few times I thought I might pop. The last 25-30 miles was a mental battle. I knew I could finish, but my body really wanted me to stop. I think a lot of people were dragging by that point, because only one person passed me in the last 25 miles. I felt like I was grinding to a halt and that everyone behind me would come whizzing by any minute. Not so, gladly.

I'm posting a link to a site that Scott Haroldson (Minneapolis wedding/portait shooter) maintains. He and a few buddies shot a lot of images. That is where I got these. If you'd like to take a look at more, go here: Ragnarok Photos.

Thanks to the race organizers for a great event - for free! I hope that I can do it again next year.

Off to rest now.

No comments: