Friday, April 24, 2009

4,600 mile hiking trail!





I'm a bit misty eyed as I write this. Today may mark the last day that my photos run in the NY Times "Escapes" section. I have heard a nasty rumor that the section is slotted for removal by the paper. [ Curse you economy! ] I'm not really too upset. If this is the end of 3 years of getting paid to sail, camp, mtn. bike, climb, hike, ski, mountaineer, snowboard, etc... I think I can learn to cope. It has been absolutely amazing and I am grateful for each of the dozens of assignments I have been called on to shoot. So, farewell, old friend... you will be missed.

Today the article on the North Country Trail ran. This trail is kind of amazing. It will be all the more so when it is completed. I'll give it to you in a nutshell, but you need to go read the article for yourself. The trail starts in NY and (at this point) ends in North Dakota - making it twice as long as the Appalachian Trail (also the grandfather of N. American trail systems). Lace up yer boots!

Go read: NY Times article

No comments: