Friday, April 3, 2009

Skiing Lutsen Mountain - Northern Minnesota





I love my job. I've said it a lot, but it bears repeating. One of the most fun days lately was going to Lutsen Mountain up on the north shore of Minnesota. It is a pretty large ski resort for the midwest - larger than I expected to see. It is known for its gondola lifts - not something you see too much of east of the Rockies. It was a great time. I am not a highly skilled boarder, but I make it work. Jim Vick, marketing director for the resort was kind enough to show me around the place and carry my bags, telling me " I haven't fallen in years". My equipment was much safer on his back. Thanks again, Jim!

Go read ski writer extraordinaire Stephen Regenold's first hand account of his times at Lutsen Mountain. Don't forget to watch the Slideshow too.

No comments: